Wednesday, December 1, 2010

CHICKEN CHILI




Ingredients:
1 c shredded, cooked chicken (I like to buy a roasted chicken at Costco or boil a whole chicken and debone it. I divide it into three bags and freeze it for occasions like this. Makes the meal even faster.)
I can black or pinto beans, drained
1 can of kidney beans with liquid
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes (I puree mine because Neil doesn’t like tomato chunks)
1 c water
1 packet of taco seasoning (tip: I buy McCormick taco seasoning at Costco. It comes in a big tub and lasts forever!)
sour cream
cilantro
cheese and tortilla chips on the side

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a pot. Heat and serve. I like to put a large spoonful of sour cream and cilantro into my pot of soup and stir it up right before I serve it. It makes the soup creamy and delicious. Top with cheese and tortilla chips. (I’ve used different variations of beans and have eliminated the ingredients I don’t have on hand, like cilantro. It’s still really good.)

2 comments:

Paul and Em said...

We Loved this! It's one of the easiest recipes ever, and it tastes so good every time.

Shandra said...

Made this tonight and I give it two thumbs way, way up! :-) Awesome and super easy!