Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HOME RUN




Ingredients:
1 loaf french bread
2-3 chicken breasts
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp of thyme
1 8oz pkg of mushrooms
1 Tbsp butter
Mozzarella Cheese

Directions:
Cook chicken in olive oil. Saute mushrooms in butter in a seperate pan. When the mushrooms are golden add thyme. Cook for about two more minutes. So the thyme flavor will burst. Cut te french bread down the center. Place chicken breast sliced along the bottom half of loaf. On top of the chicken pour mushrooms, sauce and all. (It is good when the sauce soaks into the bread. There will only be a little but it will make this oh so good.) Sprinkle mozzerella cheese. Place on a cookie sheet. Broil in the oven until the cheese is melted and the bread is crispy. Slice and serve. If you want to dress it up with some veggies you can. I like spinach and tomato. Yummy. You can serve with chips, soup or fruit.

3 comments:

L C M said...

Paul and I tried this and really enjoyed it. We added a little bit of Mayo. So Yummy!

Ferris Family said...

Michelle,

I am so glad you are doing this blog. I already can't wait to try some of these wonderful meals. You are such a great cook. This is so exciting for me. I'm always looking for something new to make. I do have a question though...what are Ziti noodles? I can't figure it out. I try to find them at the store but don't have any luck. I know that sounds to silly. So can you help me. I added your cute family blog to my blog as well. I'm so glad you guys are doing so well.

April Anderson Ferris

DJ said...

This was the best WITH balsamic vinegar. Truthfully, I reached for the ranch thinking it needed a kick but it covered the taste of the delicious mushrooms. Derrick, my brilliant husband, grabbed the balsamic vinegar. It changed me life! Yum. (Just drizzle over the top, as little or as much as you'd like.)