Filling
1 pd pork
1/2c water
1/4c soy sauce
1/3c oil
1T salt
1T chicken bouion
1T sesame seed oil
1/4c chopped ginger
1/8c chopped green onions
Shredded Beans and Cabbage
Shell
2 1/2c water
7c flour
I love asian dumplings or pot stickers. I love this recipe but I do alter it a bit. If you have never made dumplings before feel free to call I would love to demonstrate. However, my Asian friends would shutter at my lack of authenticity. I am not that particular. I do have a few tips. I left the oil out. I am not a fan of that much grease in my dumpling. I like ginger but a couple of Tablespoons is good enough for me. I add as much cabbage and or beans as I want. Typically half a head of a large cabbage will do. Make sure to squeeze as much of the water out as possible. I will make my shells sometimes but occasionally I will just buy them. The cheapest place to buy them is usually an Asian store. You can find them really cheap on the Strip here in Pittsburgh. They are double the price at the grocery store, including Walmart. Everyone I know of cooks them slightly different. I bet you can find a video on YouTube if you want a demonstration. Type in cook and potsticker and I am sure there is something. Good Luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment