
My father has an obsession with chocolate like no girl I have ever met, he loves it! My mother looked at several recipes and created the perfect chocolate cake recipe. I even remember when this recipe was born. It is moist and delicious! My family has been making it for special occasions and any occasion ever since.
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk (or 1 teaspoon of vinegar added to one cup of milk)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups flour
1 cup hot water
Here is the trick to a perfect cupcake or cake everytime. Place all the ingredients in a bowl at the same time. Pour hot water slowly into the bowl as you mix the ingredients with an electric mix. Once all the water is poured in and the mixture is fully mixed, stop mixing. (I should have capitolized the S in stop... it is that important) Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes for cake, 12-15 minutes for the cupcakes.
This is to die for frosting, how could it not be... Hershey's came up with it! It is fudgey and melts in your melt. Trust me it is the best!
FROSTING (Taken from Hershey's website)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. About 2 cups frosting.
I just put the frosting on the cupcake with a ziplock bag. I just clipped a small hole in bottom of the bag and then piped it out in a circular motion. Easy-peasy!
1 comment:
Yum. Those look beautiful
Post a Comment